Thursday 16 August 2018

Asking God for Good Things!


Matthew 7:11 (AMP)
11 “If you then, evil (sinful by nature) as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give what is good and advantageous to those who keep on asking Him.”

Romans Chapter 8 verse 32 reminds me that “God did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all – how will he not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?” If this is the case, why is it that we do not always get all things? If God promised it to us what is stopping us from receiving it?

What if we aren’t single-minded and doubting that God actually meant all things? Or are we not being specific when we approach Him? We see in James Chapter 1 verse 6 “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” We need to believe that God is able to give us what we are asking. We also should not doubt God and be single-minded when it comes to Him.

I think we need to tell God exactly what we want. I also believe that when I am obedient to God and striving to do my best for Him, I am able to come to Him asking for what I want.

There could be sin in our lives which hinders us from getting what we want to see “Dear friends if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God” 1 John chapter 3 verse 21. I know when I sin against God, it's too difficult to even pray nevermind asking for things. I believe I need to repent and get back on track trusting in God to forgive me.

I believe God will give “what is good and advantageous to those who keep on asking Him.”

Prayer
Lord, I want to come to You and say thank You for the good things You have given to me. I know that You will not withhold no good thing from us who walks uprightly (Psalms 84 verse 11). Thank You for hearing my prayers and the prayers of my friend today. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...