Monday 12 March 2012

Get up and go on with your life


Monday and I am sitting in my study, I don’t know what my future holds for me.  I don’t know where my life is going.  I am here and it seems that just nothing is happening.  Reading my Bible and doing Bible study and praying for my family.  Then I look at my life and I wonder what is going to become of me.  Everything I try just doesn’t seem to work.  I have basically come into a place where I just cannot move up, down or sideways.  So how on earth do I get up and go on with my life?  How do I get out of this rut I find myself in.  At first it didn’t worry me, I was content and happy to just be.  Lately I don’t want to ‘just be’ I want to life my live.
I have been reading about David and the way his life turned out just after the affair with the beautiful Bathsheba.  King David was standing on this balcony looking out over the city and there Bathsheba was taking a bath on top of her house roof.  A very normal thing to do in those days, when the King saw this beautiful woman he had to have her.
Bathsheba was invited to have some tea with the King.  Of course she would not say no, who says no to the King?  Well, they started chatting and one thing lead to another and she got pregnant.  Hmm, big trouble, the King was told and he panicked.  So he called her husband back from war and wanted the husband to go home and sleep with his wife – getting the king out of a pickle hey.  Oh dear Uriah didn’t go home to sleep with his wife he decided to hang out with the guys. 
King David chatted to the man.  “Uriah how are you man?”  David asked him.  “Great your lord, I hang out with the guys last night.  I felt to guilty going home when I knew my fellow mates are fighting the war and here I am having fun with old wifie.” Uriah answered.   Now King David had to think of a way to get out of this mess.  He called the captain of the guard and told him place Uriah at the front of the battle so that he will be killed in the war.  The captain did as he was told and poor old Uriah was killed during the war.
Bathsheba was told and she mourned her husband and then moved in with the King.  Hmmm, now they can get married and no one will be the wiser.  You think?  Think again, the Lord is watching what was going on and the Lord sent a prophet Nathan to rebuke King David. 
The King was sorry and felt so ashamed of his deeds but thought things will work out just fine.  Then the child was born but it seems it was sickly and David tried to intercede for the child.  He fasted and prayed for the child.  The servants in his house was getting worried because he didn’t want to eat or drink anything.  Finally the child died and David got up washed himself and put on clean clothes and drank.  The people was wondering what is going on with the man. 
They actually asked him what is wrong with you man.  He said “while the child was alive I fasted and wept.  I though “Who knows” perhaps the Lord will be gracious on me and have mercy on me and let the child live.  But now that he is dead why should I fast?  I can’t bring him back from the dead but I will join him later.” 
David went and he comforted his wife Bathsheba and she got pregnant again and Solomon was born. 
I will trust in the Lord as I know He will lift me up at the right time.  I will carry on with my life even if it seems I am not worth much right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...