Wednesday 27 March 2013

Gethsemane




The moon shone brightly and the stars were shine as brightly this evening, there were a number of people in the garden of Gethsemane.  I didn’t want to be exposed and hid behind the trees when I heard men talking not too far from where I stood.  Leaning in I saw a man, he looked familiar and I recognise his beautiful voice.  Ah, I believe it must be Jesus and with Him were a number of men.  I see Peter, James and John are in His Company this evening.

Watching them I see that Jesus was speaking to them and then he turned and walked away from them, He seemed distressed and I can see he seems to be in earnest prayer.  Still hidden I stood and watched as Jesus finally got up and walked back to where He left the rest of His team.  On returning to them He found them all asleep.  

Standing closer to hear what the conversation was all about I picked up that the Lord Jesus was truly distressed.  I hear Him saying to them ‘My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.’  Taking a deep breath he continues ‘Stay here and keep watch.’  Jesus walked away from them and fell down on the ground; I could literally see the anguish and pain that overcame.

I draw a little closer I want to hear what the Lord is praying.  As I stand in the cover of the trees shadows I hear the Lord ‘Abba, Father, everything is possible for You.  Take this cup from me.  Yet not what I will, but what you will.’  

My heart feels as though it is going to break as I watch the Lord Jesus walk back to the disciples, standing a moment looking down at them.  Simon’ he said to Peter, ‘are you asleep?  Could you not keep watch for one hour?  Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.  I stand in the shadows watching and waiting to see what is going to take place and the I see the Lord Jesus turning away from them and walking away from them.  

I see the Lord Jesus standing looking up to heaven with open face towards the sky, praying the same prayer as a moment ago.  In my heart I feel the terror and anticipate the coming trouble, I don’t understand what is going to happen here this evening but I cannot draw myself away from them.  I want to know.  Finally the Lord Jesus returned to the disciples and found them asleep.  As the Lord Jesus stood there they looked up at Him and didn’t say a word.  They didn’t have words to comfort Him.

Again the Lord Jesus walked away to pray.  I watch as He returns to the disciples while I stand there listening to their conversation I hear Him speaking to them.  Are you still sleeping and resting?  Enough! The hour has come.  Look, the son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.  Rise! Let us go!  Here comes my betrayer!

How did Jesus know, I stood watching and knew that it was a serious matter, what was going to take place now?

(My own interpretation of the work as written in Mark 14: 32 to 43).

May the Lord bless you as you read this rendition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...