Friday 30 January 2015

He is alive !!!


Mark 16: 6 And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him.

I think the most awesome experience for the ladies Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome was when they were going to pay their last respects to the Lord Jesus.  As I read these words I noticed that they went and bought spices so that they might go and anoint Jesus’s body.  It was a natural ritual for the people of that time.  


Can you imagine going to the grave and finding the huge rock had been removed from the entrance?  I think if it was me I would have rushed in to see what had happened.  Supposedly they did rush in and to find a man sitting on the right waiting for them.  I would have jump out of my skin if I saw him.  

He looked at them probably smiled and said to them : ‘Don’t be scared, are you looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified?  Jesus has risen, he isn’t here.  Look at the place where they laid him.’
They must have looked at him, knees must have been weak and they probably almost fainted.  If it was me I would have been shocked and dismayed all in one.  They probably were very reactive I would have first reacted and then thought about the situation.  They left and didn’t speak to anybody in fear of being in trouble of some sort.  

How awesome it must be to have spoken to an Angel and the best is they didn’t realise it at the time.  God made it possible for them to see and experience him.  Wow.  Then the best news ever is that the Lord Jesus is alive, the evidence of the body not there.

My interpretation is God is good, He is alive and we have a second change. When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...