Monday 25 January 2016

My Little Voice


18 ‘Pray for us, for our conscience is clear and we want to live honorably in everything we do.’ Hebrews 13:18 (NLT)

 

As a Christian I believe the Holy Spirit lives within me and because He does live in me, I think of Him as that ‘little voice’ warning me not to sin.  The thing that is interesting is my obedience.  So this is how I come to realise that obedience to God’s voice is very important. 

The little voice is like an alarm, when a burglar comes into your house and the alarm goes off, you have a chance to catch him and have him arrested.  Now that is when you take note of the alarm and carry it through.  You can also ignore the alarm and switch it off and pretend you didn’t hear it and the burglar can rob you blind.

My little voice speaks to me mostly when I feel irritated with people around me, I will feel uncomfortable and not happy with my reaction towards them.  I will also feel regret and before I realise it I will repent there and then.  I normally pray and ask “Please Lord, forgive me I have sinned.”

I am of course working on my attitude towards people in the sense that I don’t want to be offended constantly by them, that I should try and accept them for who they are.

Thought for today:

You have to become obedient and listen to ‘your little voice’ and it will save you from going under.

Prayer

Father God please help me to always strive to have a conscience without offense towards God and me.  I pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...