Thursday 21 January 2016

#Thursday ~ Jealousy Ruins Relationships


My passion is to draw near to the Lord Jesus, the only way I know how is to spend time in the Word of God.  Jealousy can ruins relationship and this is true about a story I was reading.  Joseph who is a beautiful young man, aged approximately 17 a favourite son of his father. 

One day he was telling his brothers of a dream he had.  “Listen to this dream I had.  We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.”  This of course made his brothers miserable angry and they really hated Joseph.  It wasn’t too long after that Joseph had another dream and he told his brothers  “listen,” and he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.” 

Joseph told his father as well as his brothers this dream to which Josephs father rebuked him saying “What is this dream you had?  Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?

His brothers were jealous of him but his father kept the matter in mind

Jealousy burns hot in the hearts of Josephs brothers and they really didn’t like him very much, because he was young and attractive.  The also hated it that he was their fathers favourite son and it probably grind their teeth to see that their father made Joseph a beautiful coat of many colours.  

Family is important and we should take care in not allowing favouritism to rule our hearts, neglecting any of our children.

To my mind I believe God really wants us to live together in love and peace.  So I believe it is God’s will that we live together in love and peace, stop the jealousy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...