Monday 27 August 2018

Plagued by Guilty Feelings!


Romans 8: 1 AMP “Escape from Bondage”

“Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].”

I struggle with feelings of guilt constantly; when I eat a little more than I usually do and I see that I have put on some weight. I start punishing myself for being a glutton. I am getting fat and look terrible. When, in fact, I am not obese, but that little voice tells me “you are fat and ugly.”

When I was younger I was told constantly that I look like a cow, so fat that I would never get married again. I then became bulimic. When you grow older weight isn’t something you can control. To some extent yes, but not totally.

I also struggle with past mistakes which plague my mind, I would constantly be hard on myself for the decision I made. These guilty feelings would ride me for days on end. One day I thought about what I was thinking, and I remembered what Joyce Meyer said: “think about what you are thinking.” I remembered that condemnations come from the devil and not from God. I started talking back to these thoughts.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, In the Name of Jesus Christ I want to stand against these guilty feelings. Lord, You know I have confessed my sins, I have received Your forgiveness and I want to pray to ask You for peace in my heart and mind. What a beautiful Name Lord Jesus, No condemnation in Your Name, You have saved me through Your blood. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...