Friday 10 August 2018

Praising You Lord!


Psalm 139:14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
14  “I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.”

As a young adult I suffered from bulimia, someone constantly told me that I was a “fat cow.” I used to look at myself in the mirror and see this fat person. I was constantly trying to maintain a weight of 57 kg, as I couldn’t drop to 50 kg. Never mind what I tried. I remember constantly shaking and my hands were not steady. I went to see a doctor and he was concerned that I may have diabetes.

Today I have put on some weight and I have stopped doing this to myself. I remarried and my husband feels that I have toothpicks for legs. I don’t see that but I try and maintain my body weight. I am constantly feeling fat and worried that I just don’t look good enough. The fact is I had been denying myself all the good foods and hurt myself in the process.

Today I will praise my Lord, “I am fearfully and wonderfully made, wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.” I will not listen to the voice of Satan any more. God loves me, He created me perfectly. I am loved and I love God.

Today I am fighting back with Hebrews 4 verse 12 “for the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Prayer

O Lord, I will praise You, I worship You and give You thanks. Lord, You are my everything. I love and adore You, I will stand on Your Word for my life, I will not allow the devil to take me for a ride any longer. I am wonderfully and fearfully made in Your image. I love You Jesus Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...