Friday 10 August 2018

Seeking God’s Praises!


John 12:43 Amplified Bible (AMP)
43 for they loved the approval of men more than the approval of God.”

Oh dear, I am just like many other people, I am constantly looking for the praises and approval of my friends and family.  You know “well done” or “what a good job.” The sad story here is that I should be seeking God’s approval and not that of people.

How will I receive God’s praises and approval for my own life? By seeking God diligently and obeying His instruction. By doing what I know is good and that will be pleasing to God. I know that I need to draw near to Him each and every day. I do this all the time. I want to be pleasing to God.

Something I realise is that I should stop fighting with people who irritate me, I am learning to control my temper but it is a long process. I find that people bait me and before I realise it I am angry at them. I pray each and every day God place a guard over my lips so that I will watch myself. I also believe my attitude needs work and I bring this to God each and every day.

Prayer

Lord, humbly I pray for wisdom. I am someone that wants to be praised, it seems to be my carnal self-pushing for this praise. Today I humbly pray Lord, help me to stay obedient to You, let me draw near and grow spiritually. I pray place a guard over my mouth and thoughts. I love and adore You, in Jesus Christ's name. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...