Tuesday 5 April 2022

My Vanilla Buttercream Recipe

by Yvette van Niekerk
I am sure you will enjoy this simple recipe, it’s nothing special a really basic recipe but it sure make my cakes pop, I use this on my cakes and also my cupcakes. I use a good quality vanilla extract to make my buttercream taste delicious. So something to keep in mind room temperature is important when making my buttercream. Now lets get started: Vanilla Buttercream Icing This is a rich flavoured vanilla buttercream that is so easy to make which tastes like you made something delicious. Prep Time: 20 minutes Servings: 3 cups Ingredients: 1 cup of Wooden spoon margarine or unsalted butter, room temperature. 3 ½ cups of icing sugar (powdered sugar), sifted. 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp whole milk of heavy whipping cream, room temperature ¼ tsp salt, to taste Method: With a hand mixer or paddle attachment on your stand mixer, cream the butter on medium high until its creamy and light for approximately 6 minutes. With the mixer on low, add your sifted icing sugar one cup at a time remember to scrape the sides of the bowl after adding the icing sugar. Keep on incorporating the icing sugar to the mix. Now add your vanilla, milk and salt and mix to incorporate in the icing sugar. You are ready to cover your cake. Do enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...