Friday 3 November 2023

Embracing the Divine Empowerment

by Yvette van Niekerk
Psalm 46:1 (NKJV): "God, the Sanctuary for His Devotees and Victor over Nations. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A Song for Alamoth. God is our sanctuary and vigour, an ever-present aid in adversity." I perpetually draw my strength from the Almighty, finding confidence and courage in Him to confront any challenge. Currently, I grapple with turbulent emotions and struggle to contain my anger towards others. I earnestly strive to temper my words, yet often find myself unintentionally expressing thoughts that would have been better left unsaid. Navigating relationships proves to be a complex endeavour. When genuine anger surges within me, it often leads to outbursts. I beseech the Lord to place a guard over my tongue, yet I persist in my efforts. I persevere in refining my disposition, steadfastly holding onto the Lord, for I believe that without Him, reaching my destination is insurmountable. I perceive myself on a tumultuous journey, endeavouring to maintain my composure while beseeching God to fortify me in the face of trials. I recognize the need for distance from certain individuals, though achieving this seems improbable. The animosity they harbour and their subtle attempts to undermine me are a formidable challenge. I earnestly pray that the Lord refrains from granting me excessive strength, for I may become an unwarranted adversary. Thus, I embarked on my spiritual voyage, relying on the Lord to fortify me and guide my path. I am engaged in an ongoing struggle with this individual, sincerely praying that they discover their own footing, that the Lord grants them their heart's desires, and that their lives flourish with prosperity and blessings. Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I beseech You to shower my family with the rain we so desperately require. I am grateful and rejoice in You, my Lord God, for You have bestowed upon us the former rain in moderation, and I trust that You will send forth both the former and the latter rains in abundance. (Joel 2:23) I implore You, Lord, to let Your spiritual deluge descend, as You have promised. I cry out to the Holy Spirit, asking for the greatest harvest of souls. Lord, I confess that I cannot traverse this life without Your fortitude; I am utterly dependent on You. I uplift my family and friends to You, beseeching You, Lord, to hear my prayer. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...