Saturday 29 June 2024

A Prayer of Humility and Intercession: 29 June 2024

Sovereign LORD, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You. When I reflect on all creation and every living being, I stand in awe of Your might and power. LORD, I worship You, bringing You praise and honour. You show love to thousands but also carry consequences for the sins of the fathers upon their children. O great and powerful GOD, whose name is the LORD Almighty, great are Your purposes and mighty are Your deeds. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; You reward everyone according to their conduct and deeds. You performed miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt and have continued them to this day, both in Israel and among all mankind, gaining renown that is still Yours. You brought Your people Israel out of Egypt with signs and wonders, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and with great terror. You gave them the land You had sworn to give their forefathers, a land flowing with milk and honey. They came in and took possession of it but did not obey You or follow Your law; they did not do what You commanded them to do, so You brought all this disaster upon them. Humbly, LORD my GOD, I confess my sins and acknowledge that I often speak without thinking, causing hurt with my words. Today I pray for Your forgiveness. I ask You to put a guard over my mouth, my mind, and my heart. Help me to guard my heart and pray to You, LORD my GOD, for forgiveness. For You have given us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control (2 Timothy 1:7). LORD, I worship You, O mighty GOD; there is none like You. As I start my day in humility, I commit everything I do to You and dedicate each family member into Your mighty hands: Andus, myself, Alezandra, Pieter, Andus Jr., Jacques, Didi, Gizel, Cuba, Devan, Johan, Odette, Anabelle, Briana, Jean, Jacklyn, Mom, Oom Frik, Elsa, Llewelyn, Zelda, Sean, Patrick, Duane, Nikita, Matthew, Elijah, Paul, Carla, Jadyn, Adam, Jocelyn, Arthur, Dante, Benjamin, Violette, Alison, Elma, Peet, Elmarie, Ben, kids, Douw, Zayeen, Megan, Josh, Hannelie, Alan, Rina-Hannes, Karina, Petro, Wilma, Koos, Saddika, Kevin, Bianca - Moosa, Aneesa, Lorraine, Kiewiet, Deon, Veronica. I draw a hedge of Jesus Christ’s blood around each person I bring to You in humble prayer. I pray for supernatural favour today, LORD, with You and the people we meet. LORD, God, here I am; please help each of us. We need Your help. I speak life into each person I name. You are good, and Your mercies endure forever. Nothing can separate me from Your love—ever. Thank You for being faithful, just, and constant. What a privilege it is to know You! LORD, show me how to honour You and give You glory in every area of my life. May God give us more and more grace and peace (1 Peter 1:2). LORD, I pray that You will grant each person I am praying for today more and more grace and peace. May grace and peace be multiplied to us. LORD, help me and everyone I bring before You to enjoy the joy of the LORD in our lives. I love You, LORD, and I believe in You; I find my hope in You. LORD, I thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ. Help me to keep watch over myself and keep Your Word. Holy Spirit, please guide me. I am asking You to help me walk in step with You today. I pray for open doors of great opportunity for each person I named today. LORD, I ask that we may enjoy Your supernatural favour with You and with people. LORD, I ask for Your peace and mercy for myself and each person I name. May the grace of Jesus Christ be on my spirit. LORD, we all need love in our lives. Help me to understand Your love for myself, my family, and my friends. Please help me to persevere under trial so that, having stood the test, I will receive the crown of life that the LORD has promised to those who love You. I speak Jesus over each person I named, asking for guidance, wisdom, insight, and understanding for today. I ask that You will touch my life. LORD, search my heart, cleanse my heart, and create in me a pure spirit. I am in a covenant with You, LORD Jesus. I ask that You slay the giants in my life. LORD, Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—so that in Christ Jesus, the blessings of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith. LORD, I believe and accept Jesus Christ as my LORD and Savior; help me in my unbelief today.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The Story of Ruth

In a time when the land itself seemed to weep with hunger, a family fled from Bethlehem in search of life. Elimelech, his wife Naomi, and t...