Wednesday 10 October 2012

Faith at work


Just enjoy being around people that have a great sense of humour, there friendly disposition is so catchy.  I seem that these people don’t suffer with any negative thoughts and life seems to be a breeze to them.  Being a pessimist myself it really take a lot of effort to lift my spirit some days.

But in faith I adjust my attitude daily, by faith I stay focused on the Lord God and I believe the joy of the Lord will fill me up as the day progresses.  I believe that my faith in God is my pillar of strength and this takes me to higher and better places.  ‘Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.’  

Waking up every morning, the first thing that springs to my mind is ‘Good morning Father God, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit.’  Then I lie for a moment and consider what time it is.  To my mind I believe I awaken each morning around 4h45.  I really should take the time to check it out and confirm it.  At approximately 5h00 in the morning the birds start to chitter.  When my husband is studying in the mornings he would come and awaken me around 4h30 otherwise I wake up around 4h45.  

Taking a shower every morning refreshes me and I am revitalised and ready to take on each day but the days when we don’t have water and electricity.  Man that blows my mind, I feel dirty and I feel that I am horrible.  Looking at myself in the mirror I also think my spirit is rejected and not feeling great either.
Hey stop being so glum and gloomy!  Smile and try and lighten up today, look at things differently.  Don’t take everything seriously and if someone really irritates you ignore them.  Smile back at them so that they aren’t even aware that you are irritated by them.  If they speak to you smile and just agree and if it is a question asked be polite and answer them.

You not only confuse them but you definitely are confusing the devil.  

Ephesians 6: 12 ‘For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.’ Just remember we don’t see the spiritual world around us and we cannot imagine what is taking place.  We just see our physical world and many times people seem to be going out of their way to trip us up.  Take a moment and imagine while this person is doing their utmost to upset us the devil is standing behind them screaming in their ears.  ‘Slap him, Slap her, they hate you, you are a disaster.’  The person receiving these negative words aren’t dressed for the battle.  They didn’t get up this morning and said Good morning to the Lord, they didn’t spend time in God’s presence and ask for protection of evil and they didn’t trust in the Lord for the day ahead of them.

Do yourself a favour and tomorrow morning before you leave the house, pray and ask the Lord God to guide you also put on the armour of God to help you face the day.

You can change the world around you by staying positive and being kind and helping others get on the right track.  You don’t always have to hit back and fight all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...