Sunday 5 August 2012

Our Father

How indescribable is our Father God.  God knows each one of us by name, He knows our daily needs.  Reading this passage in the Amplified Bible – Matthew 7: 11 ‘If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and advantageous things to those who keep on asking Him!  

When thinking of the needs of my children I know that they need to eat and I also know that they need a warm house to come home to.  I know they need to grow up in a friendly and homely environment.  I also know they have school needs which have to be addressed.  They also have heart desires and wishes that need to be addressed.  Sometimes I give them their hearts desire and wishes when they come to me asking what if they could have this or that.  I have also learned that yes there are many requests and some of them are just not good for them and I don’t allow it.  I tell them no, you cannot have this or that because of A, B, C.  Hearts broken and mostly upset they fight with me because they feel in their heart they deserve whatever they asked for and I denied it.

Thank You Father that You don’t always give us what we ask for.  Thank You that you know that sometimes it isn’t to our advantage to get something’s.  We don’t see the big picture and cannot always know where it is going and what the outcome is going to be.  So we just want to get our way as we seem to be really spoilt and undeserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...