Skip to main content

Rust Bucket Chronicles - Book Review

Book Review:                                 Rust Bucket Chronicles
Author:                                            Ted Blasche
Personal Quality Rating:                 4            
Reviewer:                                        Yvette van Niekerk (South Africa)

Summary:

The story is about the Rusty Buckley, a young man who joined the army in NewArk another planet. Some writing about the army and the base and what they experience, if you are a guy I think you would enjoy that, and then a strange thing happens there is attempt to kill Queen Arrabella.

It’s clear that Rysty has always dream of joining the Third Rifles and now things are going his way.  A change of events bring him into a Garbassas where he needs to fight giant lizards.  Tee hee great fun, exciting and exhilarating.  

The story’s based around the army as many weapons and army tactics are used in the story.

Social / Historical Context:

A page turner and the science fiction are interesting I enjoyed the read.  Many exciting stuff that happens in the swamp and there are some interesting characters in the story.
An experience I never had before and it was interesting to see how the author got the things in place.  I like the giant lizards and the action around it.

Writing Style:

The writing style to my mind is evocation.  The writer definitely enjoyed the military thing, I don’t know what experience he has but it seems he is knowledgeable on that area.  He enjoyed writing the story and had a lot of interesting ideas.  I could imagine many of the places and it was almost realistic at times.    

My Thoughts:

I felt sorry for Rust in the beginning of the story he had been through a lot but thank goodness life changes and people get some exciting breaks.

My science fiction stories are growing it seems, people in general have an extraordinary imagination, it was fun, I think people that like something different than your day to day love story will enjoy this book.  A change from all the drama and some action is always good.  I think this was a good read.

In short


I believe the story is based on the military and that type of thing. I think of the weapons and the training and the implementation of strategy are important to the story.  Rusty Buckley - young chap that get a great break and then starts to fulfil his dream, and not the forgetting the attempt on the life of their Queen Arrabella.  Also something not to be missed is the giant lizards …. Wow the trip into Garbassas was interesting.  I thought the senses were believable and I think the author is creative and has away with words.  As the story evolves in each stage the story grows interesting and ends well.  I like the read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

The View from the Sycamore Tree

"Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death. The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10:2–10 Reflection The Turning Point: I used to think that by this stage of my life. The path was already set in stone. I looked at the mirror and saw the silver hair and the lines of age. I felt as though I was simply watching the clock run out on my dreams. I’ve spent years in the "midlife crisis." Wrestling with the ghosts of regrets, careers that didn't flourish, relationships that felt the strain of time. The nagging fear of being "less than" in a world that prises youth and worldly success. But then I saw Zacchaeus. He was a man who had spent his life traveling in the wrong direction. Chasing "ill-gotten treasures" that left his soul hungry. When he climbed that tree, he wasn't just trying t...