Skip to main content

Mpumalanga - Witbank to Carolina (150 km apart)

Good morning! Today 30 March 2015 I am going on a road trip with my husband.  He is taking me along to enjoy the country with him.  He needs to go to Carolina which is 150 kilometers away from Witbank in Mpumalanga, South Africa.  Now believe it or not I have never been in Carolina so this is going to be an experience for me.

I made us some peanut butter and jam sandwiches and some coffee.  Its 08h00 am and we are just leaving the house.  My daughter is on the phone to me, I miss her.  We were chatting and then said good-bye.

The drive to Carolina is lovely, the sun is shining and it is nice and warm.  It’s is about a 2 hours’ drive and the country is lovely.  Wherever you look the fields are filled with Maze and if not maze there are beautiful Kosmos flowers along the roads.

While we were on our way we drove past a Donkey cart, the driver of this cart was laying sleeping under his cart while his two Donkeys were waiting for him to wake up.  It was a sight not to be forgotten.  I tried to get the attention of the two Donkeys but no way.  They didn’t move or turn a head. 

We finally got to Carolina and phoned the lady to direct us to their place, another 15 kilometers before we arrive at the farm (Chicken farm).  It is 21 degrees and really warming up now.  It is 10h23 as we drive into the property.  This was a lovely road trip, my husband leave me in the car under the shade parking and goes to attend his business in the farm house.


12h57 my husband returns and we leave the farm house back to the town Carolina.  In the main road Voortrekker Street, we see a beautiful Antiques Coffee Shop with a Red double decker bus standing in the front garden.  We stop to investigate.  So many tea pots and antiques to be seen, we finally order a cup of coffee and I am enjoying a lovely strawberry cheese cake.  Hmm it was lovely, we are on our way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

The View from the Sycamore Tree

"Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death. The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10:2–10 Reflection The Turning Point: I used to think that by this stage of my life. The path was already set in stone. I looked at the mirror and saw the silver hair and the lines of age. I felt as though I was simply watching the clock run out on my dreams. I’ve spent years in the "midlife crisis." Wrestling with the ghosts of regrets, careers that didn't flourish, relationships that felt the strain of time. The nagging fear of being "less than" in a world that prises youth and worldly success. But then I saw Zacchaeus. He was a man who had spent his life traveling in the wrong direction. Chasing "ill-gotten treasures" that left his soul hungry. When he climbed that tree, he wasn't just trying t...