Tuesday 7 April 2015

Survival kit



I must tell you what a cute and helpful ‘Survival Kit’ my children received from Sunday school.  I thought this was so sweet and really something all of us could use in our own lives.

Toothpick

This item is used to see whether you can see the good in other people and hold onto it with all you’re might.  Look past their mistakes and view them with new eyes.  We all have bad days and sometimes it is hard to move on.  Perhaps something happened and your best friend spoke to you and said something to hurt your feelings.  They may be struggling with something and never meant to say hurtful things to you but it slipped out.  Don’t let that spoil your friendship, look for what you know is good and hold onto it.  People in general are good.

Rubber band – Elastic

When you look at an elastic or rubber band notice that it can stretch, you can pull on it and twist it just as you please.  It is always flexible.  So let me ask you why don’t you start being flexible in your own life.  Yes we tend to be set in our ways – boring lets accommodate our family and friends.  Let things slide you don’t always have to be right and you don’t always have to get your way. 

Plaster

Keep in mind its not only you that is hurting about something in your own life.  There are other people that are also struggling with something hurtful.  You know, they may be struggling with finances, they may be struggling with a broken heart.  Someone close to them passed away.  When you are hurt sometimes you can be nasty.  Try and stop that and be kinder, this causes people to reciprocate.

Pencil

Be thankful, write down all your blessings.  Think about it, you can see, you can read, you can write, you can speak, you are healthy, you have food to eat, you have clothes to wear, you have small change in your pocket.  You may be blessed with a great or normal job.  You have an income, you can support yourself.  You can spend time on the internet.  I have mentioned but only a few you must have so much more.  Thank You Lord.

Eraser

We all make mistakes, take your eraser and erase all the mistakes you made and your friends and family.  I don’t know one perfect person in my own life, yes we do think we are perfect but guess what we all make mistakes.  Keep in mind you are not perfect.  Give people a second chance, one day someone will give you that second chance.  Don’t always keep on being a record keeper of bad, it does come back to you.  So release it, erase it and let it go.  You will bless someone and in the long run it will be a blessing in your own life.

Stone

Preserver – you have to – don’t give up, life is so wonderful, you might be in a bad spot – hey don’t be scared it will pick-up again.  We can all get out of this pit.  Preserver – keep a little stone in your pocket and rub it when you feel you just cannot go on.  Never please never give up, God loves you.

Coin

Don’t forget each one of us are so important and precious to the Lord.  You are so precious, God made you for a reason.  Your purpose is to comfort or bless someone.  Don’t miss out on life and think you don’t mean a thing.  You mean the world to me.  You mean the world to the Lord – Jesus died on the cross for your sins and mine.  We are precious to Him. 

Marshmallow

Hmm you must agree marshmallows taste so good in our Milo or Coffee.  Hmm it soft and smells so good.  When next you see a marshmallow remember that everybody needs a hug.   I wish I could give you a hug, I also need to get a hug at times.  I think it is important to have a hug each day it makes me feel loved.

Teabag


Put your feet up, take a break and relax.  I must be honest I am still struggling to relax.  I have been married for 4 years to a great man.  Constantly telling me relax, still I struggle with relaxing.  I am better but boy I cannot sit and do nothing.  I feel too guilty at not being busy and working.  I think I need a cup of tea, put my feet up and sit and relax.  Come and relax with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...