Sunday 22 November 2015

"Thorn in my side"

As I sit here today I am thinking about a famous person someone you also know, perhaps even better than I do.  The Apostle Paul, and as I think about this man who done so many wonderful things and wonders in the name of the Lord Jesus I am reminded of something he had to deal with on a daily basis.  “The thorn in his side”, we do not know what the so called “thorn” was, but we do know it kept Paul on his knees.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+12%3A+9&version=TLB

Each person’s life is different and we do not know the journey we need to take in getting to our destination.  My journey right now is really not that easy, I seem to embark on the most difficult of tasks and so many times very humbling too. 

My “thorn” right now is really a part time job I have taken to supplement my income.  I have seen and it is really funny how God has been working miracles for me each day.  The one thing I am sure of is that God keeps His eye on me.  Some days I find that this job really tests my patience and other days I stand amazed at how things move around to accommodate me.

If you pray for patience, be sure God is going to take you on a trip you will never forget and you will learn patience.  If you pray for humility, hmmmm be sure God is going to teach you to become humble.

My weakest link right now is my humility and patience and I am learning to deal with these to issue and as time goes I find I am able to work through each one of these lessons.

I was praying the other morning asking the Lord what it was that He wanted me to do?  The answer was Psalm 150, Praise the Lord God.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+150&version=TLB

Well in facing all the difficulty, humbling situations I find myself in and the constant waiting on people that disregard me.  I want to say thank You Lord, I will praise You for I believe that You will open the right doors at the right time.

It is my desire to say as the Apostle Paul said ‘I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.’

Prayer

Abba Father, Lord each one of us has a ‘thorn’ in our sides, we all have difficulties that we need to deal with.  Give each one of us the courage and strength to face it each day, let us never forget to humble ourselves before You and know that You are still in control.  Lord we will praise and worshop at Your feet.  We know that You will open the right doors at the right time.  In the Holy and wonderful Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...