Sunday 29 November 2015

Why me?


Job 42: 1 – 2
“Then Job replied to the LORD:  ‘I know that YOU can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted.’

Each day comes with its own challenges and normal day to day living brings its own challenges.  I think of the story of this man named Job.  He was wealthy and had great children, then to change things up a little disaster struck him, his family and even in his body.

As I think of my life I recall something Job said to his wife Job 2: 10 But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman.  Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?”  So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

Sitting here I ask the question, Why me?  Why do I suffer and why do I have pain, why is it that everything I put my hand to just doesn't work out the way I think it should.  I look at my surrounding and see the people around me, plain sailing. 

I am working and the job am doing isn't plain sailing, and there is no respect between the people I work with.  I feel like I have been thrown into a snake pit full of vipers and they are showing me their fangs.  The general feel and do of this position is negative, the people gossip and talk ill of others, I am constantly hearing bad reports and I am sure that when I leave they will say the same about me.  I feel the negativity around me.  I turn my face to the LORD my GOD, please help me.  Please show me another way.

I have asked people to help me and I am disappointed by their reactions, people I supposed were friends.  People in high powered positions and people I thought were Christians, man was I mistaken.
Just brings me back to one focal point in my own life, I cannot trust people, they will disappointment me on a regular basis.  They are not God, they cannot help me.  I cannot depend on people to come up for me.  Only God can and all in good time.

So it’s not ‘Why me?’  Its ‘Why not me’.


LORD JESUS please send Your angels to protect me, I pray place a hedge around me and guide me Help me face tomorrow.  In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...