Monday 1 April 2019

Are you angry?


Matthew 18: 22 (KJV)

“Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, until seven times: but, until seventy times seven.”
Yes, I’m angry and have been for a couple of weeks, I am struggling to shake off this angry feeling and the person I am angry with is constantly doing their level best to irritate me. Pushing all my buttons and going out of their way to make me angry. I was thinking about this problem and it struck me the longer I feel resentment and feelings of carelessness towards this person the bigger the problem in my own life.

When my children were younger I would always say what would Jesus do? I thought about this matter today and I wonder if the Lord Jesus is watching me He must be disappointed in me. I am so angry at this person I cannot stay focused on the Lord. While I’m so angry I just cannot get around to praying and getting on with my life.

Today I want to stop this reaction towards this person, I am going to be friendly and keep them at a distance. I will forgive them and set them free. The Lord will work in their lives but in the meantime, I need to forgive them. So here goes, I forgive them. I set them free and I forgive myself too for not forgive me.

Prayer

Lord Abba Father, I know that when we are sincere in our prayers and come humbly into Your presence You hear our requests. I want to praise You and give You praise for the good things You bring into my life. Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. Lord, I humbly confess that I have become resentful against …. And this is causing bitterness to grow in my heart. I pray to forgive me, I forgive …… and set them free. Lord, I thank You for these revelations in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...