Friday 18 September 2020

Focus on one thing

 by Yvette van Niekerk




Mark 10: 21 "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

I multitask all the time and lately, I find that I am dropping things, not being as focused as I would like to be. I find that my thoughts are captured and taken somewhere else leaving me to be distracted. It's important to stay focused and concentrate on one thing at a time. I have been spreading myself thin lately, and this has a negative impact on my life. I am exhausted and irritated, not focusing on one thing but being double-minded.

I seem to fight to gain control over everything and everyone around me. The last couple of weeks I have decided to become more focused, keep my attention on one specific thing. This has resulted in my problems starting to free me for specific things. In the course of a conversation with Jesus, a certain man explained to the Lord all the great things he accomplished and how exceptional he was. Telling the Lord Jesus that he was diligently doing this since he was a young man. I wish I was perfect and diligent to the extent that nothing was lacking.

The Lord Jesus told the man "one thing you lack." When the Lord told him to sell off everything he had and give it to the poor the man left very unhappy.

It's true we don't focus on one thing we deal with so much thinking we accomplished so much more.

Prayer

Papa, I am grateful that I can come to You today, I need to focus on one thing, to my thinking I believe I should be focusing more on You. Lord thank You for Your word, I am asking You forgive me for being so full of pride and so rebellious. I am in need of Your Holy Spirit. Amen

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...