Tuesday 29 September 2020

@bout Fighting and Arguing

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



Proverbs 13: 10 "arrogant know-it-alls stir up discord, but wise men and women listen to each other's counsel."

We both are at fault many a time our fights start if I feel inferior, and think I'm it unfair. I feel exhausted, tired and unappreciated, and then I am ready for a fight. I react quickly, and my ears go shut.

I have become mindful of the words I use lately I find the worst thing I can do is to cuss or swear. My husband shuts down and ignores anything I am fighting or arguing. I am currently doing something I never thought about, try and see things from his perspective. He has told me on numerous occasions that I ignore him and never listen. So now I have become intentional on listening to what he says, honestly, it is paying off on my side. I'm forcing my ears open to hear him speak to me.

I do feel that when he's wrong, he should say "I was wrong. I am sorry. Please forgive me."  It does hurt my feelings, but I cannot implement these words into his vocabulary, he needs to think about them.

So I hope you have learned something from my life experience:

One: try and see things from your spouses point of view.

Two: make sure you use both your ears and listen to what is said.

Three: it won't harm you if you say things like "I was wrong. I am sorry. Please forgive me." By acting like in such a way, you don't leave scars.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, O Papa, You know both my spouse and me. We do have fights and arguments, please place a guard before my mouth and open my ears to hear when he speaks to me. Guide me through the Holy Spirit and show me how I can be a better wife. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...