Monday 5 October 2020

Choose to refrain from evil.

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



Psalm 119: 110 KJV "I understand more than the ancients because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from evil way, that I might keep thy word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way."

I choose to change, from the inside out. I need to focus on God's Word to change. Today it is my choice to refrain from evil. I am choosing to submit to God's Word and depart from evil.

Psalm 1: 1 - 2 says, "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night." Today I choose to align myself with the Lord Jesus Christ by trusting Him and His Way of doing things. I intentionally depart from evil. I choose not to gossip today. I choose not to grumble and complain about things that irritate me. I choose; not to be rude and will be friendly, kind and understanding. I choose; to reject every false way.

Prayer

Papa, today I come into Your presence and bring You honor and praise. You are my King, my Lord and my Salvation. I praise You Lord, thank You Lord for today. I choose to let Your light, light up my path. I choose that Your Word is my shield and my buckler today. I choose that Lord Your Word lead me, teach me, and guide me. I know that I am created by You Lord to obey and follow Your Word and Instructions.

Humbly I repent from my evil ways and refrain from being manipulated by my thoughts and desires.

Papa, in Jesus Christ's name I pray to ask that my gifts, my talents, and all the abilities that You Papa have placed within me be realized. Papa, may my heart and character reflect the Love of Christ in every season of my life. Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...