Sunday 18 October 2020

#Think_right!

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



I read the neuroscientist, Dr. Caroline Leaf, said that it takes the brain eighteen years to grow, and a lifetime to mature.

Proverbs 12: 5 NKJV "The thoughts of the righteous are right."

When we stand around and take a look at what people are saying and doing, it's clear we can see what plays on their minds. Some people are immature, and others are odd at times, but they do give their mindset away all the time.

Just this week, my minds plagued by negative thoughts and feelings, things in my life I do not have any control over. My mind is racing and to get focused was almost impossible. It became clear that my mind can work for me or against me. The later was taking place. My mind is against me, and I started to fall into, discouraging state feelings of negativity plaguing my every thought. Because of my negative thinking, I was in self-sabotage mode. Instead of focusing on the positive side of life, looking for help from God, I internalized everything and took it all away from God. Not allowing my mind to work for me in a positive way, which would help me to stay positive, and reach my goals, and enjoy life to the full again.

I realized I am in deep, deep waters of despair, and I was sinking and all because I couldn't get out of my mind. I know I need to teach my mind to work for me instead of against me. My daughter is reminding me to change my thinking, to something positive. How do you do this? My husband asked me the question. Today, I realized that I had to make an intentional decision to stop thinking negative thoughts. Start focusing on something opposite to what I was worried over and speak to God in prayer.  I have been trying to change my way of thinking for several months, but this last month was my downfall. I thought I was undergoing a radical transformation, only to realize nothing has changed. Why?

Because I was doing it in my strength, I didn't consider God. I didn’t invite God to help me here, I was thinking I can do this on my own.

Well if my brain is still being formed and I still can improve on my thoughts, then its time to call in the big guns. Asking God, my savior for help. Stop giving my problems to Him and then taking them back.

Prayer

Papa, Father God, I am in deep trouble with the way I think and behave. Today, I realised that I need to change my thinking patterns, focus on You. Lord Your, Word says "The thoughts of the righteous are right." Help me Lord, I require the Holy Spirit going forward to change my way of thinking. In Jesus Christ name, Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...