Friday 16 October 2020

Jesus, life is getting to me.

 

by Yvette van Niekerk

Philippians 4: 6 - 7 "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life."



I have been struggling to pray about most things lately. My world is being; rocked, and I am an emotional wreck. I find my focus is off, and I tend to be very impulsive. I have been speaking to God, asking the Lord Jesus to help but as soon as I have prayed, I go and the thing I asked not to happen. My will power and obedience have been lagging. What a shame, I do feel bad about it. You know when you think you can fix everything, but you keep on messing up? That is me on any given day.

Then today, I need to back down a little, give God the chance to do His thing, trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Wait for Jesus to help and guide me.

# that I have not been content for all my life, yes, I know I say thank you. I am happy, but I am always being chased, hurry up with this and that.

If the Lord Jesus isn't present in my life, I seem to go back to being discontent and unable to balance my life.

Prayer

Father God, You know me very well. You know that I am someone who always wants things done right now. Stop what your doing and makes sure you do as I have asked. I seem to be going through too much nonsense right now. I humbly am asking You, Lord, forgive me. Help, me to get over my discontentment and start appreciating each day. Everything I'm doing and why I'm doing it. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...