Skip to main content

Unconfessed sin - by Yvette van Niekerk



1 John 3: 21 "If our hearts do not condemn us."

Do you remember when the Israelites conquered Jericho, the strongest city in the Promised land, the Israelites were defeated by a handful of soldiers in a small village called Ai? Joshua was devasted, he tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the Lord. Joshua 7: 6 and he prayed: "The other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?"  How did the Lord God respond? This will surprise you, "The Lord said to Joshua, 'Stand up, What are you doing down on your face? Israel has sinned.'" Oh, wow!

One of the Israeli soldiers named Achan, stole the spoils of battle which belonged to the Lord God. Jericho is the first city in the Promised land to be conquered, and God said the 'firstfruits' of all we have must be given to Him Proverbs 3:9. The treasures of the next nine battles belonged to the people, but Jericho's treasures belong to God.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I want to pray that You will restore my life. Lord if there are sins in my life that I need to repent off, please reveal it to me, so that I can pray and repent from my sinful heart. Lord according to 1 John 3 verse 21 to 22 "If our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask because we keep his commands and do what pleases him." Today, I repent of anything that might stand between myself and You Lord. I pray to create in me a clean heart and a pure spirit. Lord, please help me today, to do my best job now. I pray that You will restore my Blogspot and that Your hand will rest on my blog. Lord, I pray for provision for my own stuff. I need Your help today, without You Lord I am lost please help me. In the holy name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...