Monday 7 November 2022

Beauty

Beauty by Yvette van Niekerk
This struck me from Blaise Pascal “The serene beauty of a holy life is the most powerful influence in the world next to the power of God.” How I strive to be a beautiful person, then it struck me that I am attractive but the beauty I am looking for is something that comes from within. It’s not the beauty of the outer person, it’s the beauty that shines through your personality. How on earth will I become that beauty? This is living a Holy life, sanctifying myself. I would love to be that special Christian, someone soaked in the Word, cleansed by the Word and the Holy Spirit living and working through me. Are you saying I should lighten up and be a little relaxed, I don’t have to be serious all the time and I can laugh at myself. That sounds so bizarre, who does that? I like things a specific way, don’t joke around and do what needs to be done. C.S. Lewis “How little people know who think that holiness is dull. When one meets the real thing … it is irresistible.” Holy Spirit forgives me for thinking You are the kind of person I am. Serious and on the nose, no messing about, everything I do is very serious and You are very serious too. The truth is Holy Spirit I do not know You. Yes, I invite You each morning into my life, I ask that You help me as I commit everything I do into Your hands. From my point of view, my life is serious and I do things in a serious manner. I seem to miss out on the fun and I am so closed off. Now I need to learn where can I find Holiness. We need to go to church where we praise and worship God. I can praise and worship God at home too. Because I am reading my Bible and taking time to draw near to God. I am working on building my inner beauty. I want to be Holy because God is Holy. I want to learn more about the Holy Spirit and draw near to God. I am seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness. It isn’t going to happen overnight. I need to stick to the process, there is a way forward and I need to keep in step the Holy Spirit. I want to pray that my words fall right and that I do not hurt or upset the people I am working and dealing with. Life is much too short to get everything the way it should be. Obeying God is something I am trying to do right now. “Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I will keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep Your law; indeed, I will observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.” Psalm 119: 33-35 Today I want to be joyful and happy, I don’t want to feel worried or fearful about anything. God’s word is what I stand on each morning “The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandments of the LORD are pure, enlightening the eye.” Let's take this journey and learn how to become beautiful from the inside out. Let’s strive to draw near to God, asking the Holy Spirit to change us. Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...