Saturday 19 November 2016

Disciples and the World

Matthew 5: 13 - 16
13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its taste (purpose), how can it be made salty? It is no longer good for anything, but to be thrown out and walked on by people [when the walkways are wet and slippery].
14 “You are the light of [Christ to] the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good deeds and moral excellence, and [recognize and honor and] glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Can you hear God's voice calling you?

God wants us to enjoy our food each and every day, we also realize that when it comes to our food it is a gift from God.  We have something to enjoy and it makes us happy.  Some of our dishes require salt to enhance the taste and also preserve some of our foods.  Without salt, some of our dishes will be so dull and plain. 

Thinking about it, we need salt in our diets to prevent a number of ailments, so basically we know that salty is good for us.  The Lord Jesus, tells us that we should remember that we are the ‘Salt of the earth.’  Christian man or woman, it is our privilege to go out to the nations and speak to them boldly, telling them about the Lord Jesus.  As salt we have the privilege to be with our friends and family, savoring the conversations.  We can bring light into the darkness when people start talking about the bad economy and how they are suffering financially.  We can testify and tell them what the Lord is doing in our own lives.  Confess God’s goodness and abundance in our lives. 
Do you know my Lord Jesus?  Do you want to get to know Him?  Come and sit at His table and enjoy the good news.  Reading the New Testament, start with the book of John.
As God’s disciples, we want to remind you of the goodness and favor God bestows on each of us.
Prayer
Lord if I am missing the great things You are doing in my own life today, forgive me and I pray open my eyes to see.  Lord as for my friends and family, I dedicate each person into Your Hands, Holy Spirit comes and fill the hearts of each person reading this devotional today.  Give them the hunger and thirst they need to find out more about Jesus.  Lord touch the lives of the people reading the message today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...