Friday 23 March 2018

Light of my life.


https://www.resource-capital.ch/en/news/view/sibanye-stillwater-and-drdgold-to-create-an-industry-leading-surface-mining-partnership.html

John 12: 46 (ESV)
“I have come into the world as light so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.”

I was fortunate in taking a tour in one of South Africa's Gold Mines. H J Joel Mine at the time in the Orange Free State. My boss arranged for all the secretaries to take this tour. I remember we had to get dressed for the occasion. We had to dress in the protective clothing, hard hats with lights and safety boots.

Now Joel mine at the time was trackless mining. My boss took us to the face where the guys were drilling for gold.  It very dark if your light goes out you cannot see your hand before your face. And the ammonia smell is very overwhelming. 

The point is without light in the mines you cannot move one foot in front of the others. That is the same with the Lord Jesus, without Him in our lives we cannot move one foot in front of the other. We need Jesus to show us the way, light of our lives.

Prayer

Lord Jesus today we humbly come into Your presence, please light the way for each one of us. Protect each one of us and keep us going forward. Let Your light fill our lives and let us live in peace and love with You, Jesus. Amen

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...