Monday 23 July 2012

New every morning


Lamentation 3: 22 – 23
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
Each day has its own challenges and we don’t always know how to deal with them.  I believe these challenges are to help each of us grow and draw us closer to the Lord.  The Lord has been so gracious and provided something good in my life.  My latest challenge is to get along with new people of different cultures and they don’t always understand me or I them.
I thank the Lord God for His great love that is not consuming and His compassion that never fails.  I also thank the Lord God for them new every morning; great is my Lord’s faithfulness.  I want to make it my goal in life going forward to grow old gracefully, to be kind and show compassion.  I want to be able to listen to people and not interrupt them.  I want to be able to speak to them without accusing them.  I want to be able to give without being stingy.  It is my desire to pray without ceasing for each of the people I love and care for and also for those I don’t know.  I want to be able to answer without starting an argument.  I want to share without pretending and enjoy without complaining.  It is my desire to trust without wavering and forgive without seeking punishment.  Make promises without forgetting.  In doing all of these things I want to glorify my Lord Jesus and take Him as my clothing.
As it says in Romans 13: 14 ‘clothe yourself with the LORD Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and make no provision for {indulging} the flesh [put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature].
In doing all of this I want to be content with whatever the circumstances are in my life.  I am turning all my desires and cares over into the Lords Hands.  God knows my desires, and the Lord knows what is best for me.   I am choosing to trust in Him and in God’s timing.
In so doing I want to ask the Lord to let me live a bold and confident and overcoming life.  As I am the righteousness of God in Christ as 2 Corinthians 1:9 puts it ‘but this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God. 
The Lord God promised in Jeremiah 29: 11 ‘For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD.  They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Why would God state this in the Bible if that wasn’t the case?  I believe God wants me to prosper.  Praise the Lord for being kind, loving and caring.  Praise the Lord for looking out for each one of us and helping me grow old gracefully with dignity and understanding.  I am being transformed into Jesus Christ’s image through the Word of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...