Wednesday 4 June 2014

Stop comparing myself to others!




2 Corinthians 10 Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 Not that we [have the audacity to] venture to class or [even to] compare ourselves with some who exalt and furnish testimonials for themselves! However, when they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely.

My fight with myself is really difficult, I have been working really hard on my attitude, I want to be more accommodating and friendly and loving and kind.  These are normal fruits of the spirit and it seems that I have shaken my tree to such an extent that all the fruits have fallen off.  I am constantly in some kind of battle with my own analysis of who I am, how I should act etc.  To my mind I feel that I have lost value in God’s sight as well as in the sight of friends.  The comparisons are not even real and just but I still keep doing it.  I want to stop having other people determine my worth and I have decided to stop this right now.  I am an original God created me in God’s image.  There is no one like me.


Galatians 5 New Living Translation (NLT)

25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

I pray Abba Father please help me not compare myself to other people and help me to draw near to You and grow spiritually.  Lord please help me so that I am able to renew my mind and be transformed by Your words.  In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...