Wednesday 13 March 2019

Beware of “I will never do that.”


Romans 3: 23 ESV

“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”

The problem I find with this statement “I will never do that” is that is exactly what I will do because I feel I am better than that person. I am setting myself up for a fall and the devil is waiting for the moment I let my guard down. I am standing in judgement over the person who is having an “affair, stealing money, lies to parents and family or your boss.” Now I am on the devil's number one list and I have opened a door that exposes my sinful nature. I didn’t pause to think of protecting myself, putting the full armour of God on or dealing with the sins I am facing right this moment.

The Voice – Romans 3: 23 puts it like this “you see, all have sinned, and all their futile attempts to reach God in His glory fail.” Something I have learned through experience the minute I feel that I am standing strong and nothing like this or that will happen to me, o dear guess what I fall flat on my face. I was under the illusion I am standing strong and I would never do that.

My dad always said, “the thing you hate the most will come upon you.” I must tell you I have seen this in my own life.  I realise that “where the mind goes the body follows,” as Joyce Meyers puts it. We think of someone at work, friendly and kind and likeable, and then we invite them for a coffee. If you are a Christian you should have prayed about this relationship asking God to protect you so that you do not fall into sin. You are starting up an affair. Romans 1 verse 28 The Voice states “Since they had no mind to recognize God, He turned them loose to follow the unseemly designs of their depraved minds and to do things that should not be done.” The worst thing which can happen to us is when God gives us over to our hearts desires.

God gave me a warning which I did not heed and when I reflect over my life thinking back to my younger days I do regret my decisions. Nothing can change what happened in the past, regret always comes too late. I have repented of this sin and I do not stand in judgment over people who fall into the same traps I did. I realise that I never even consider God or His warnings and did as I pleased. It cost me.
Lord, thank you for a second chance in my own life, I thank You Lord for Your mercies new every day. Lord thank You, for the forgiveness of sins, the chance to come before You in repentance and receive Your grace. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Amen

The Word for Today:
1 John 3: 5 The Voice“You realize that He came to eradicate sins, that there is not the slightest bit of sin in Him.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...