Tuesday 19 March 2019

Lord, I cry out to You today!



John 16: 33 ESV
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

This morning I needed to cry out to God, I needed to bring my fears, my problems and my anxiety to Him. I know when King David was facing difficult times, he would call out to God. Psalm 18 verse 6 he cries out "In my distress, I cried out to the Lord." I feel abandoned and all alone.

I will pray, about my circumstances, and I trust in the Lord. God is my refuge, and I can run to Him every day. Proverbs tells me that "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

The Lord Jesus tells us that we will go through trials and tribulations. It's all part of our journey.
Paul speaks of disciplining his body, taking charge of it lest he falls. 1 Corinthians 9: 27 ESV: "But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." I am trying to be obedient and trust in the Lord. Laying down my selfish motives and waiting for Him to move in my life.

I believe dying to self is going to bring suffering, which in the end will bring hope too. Jesus Christ overcame the world then so can I.

Prayer

Elohim Almighty God, You have heard my prayers this morning, I am struggling to overcome my flesh. Please, Lord, I need Your peace in my life today. I want to dedicate my husband into Your hands, bless him today. Guide him and take care of him in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
The Word for Today:
Romans 12: 12 “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulations, be constant in prayer.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...