Tuesday 1 October 2019

Pray for others

Craig Groeschel "Prayer is never a last line of defense. It's our first line of offense."


James 5: 13 - 16 NIV
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

When it comes to praying for other I have come to realize that we all feel encouraged by prayer. It helps us stay focused and we know God is in control. When we pray for other people we are standing in the gap. Or we are in front of the battle. Our prayer life and our time spent in God's presence bring us closer to Him. When we are praying for other we are drawing near to the Lord. I want to challenge you today, get your knees down on the ground and start praying for others. God is waiting to hear from you.

My prayers are always for my family and friends first, I pray for each person by name. Its my way of asking the Lord God to please keep an eye out for my family and friends. I know God hears my prayers and I believe He loves me.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I know that I do not have a chance to do anything on my own, but when I come before You and pray for Your help I have every chance in the world because I believe and trust in You. Lord I want to ask please send Your Holy Spirit to help me, I cannot do this on my own. I know the Holy Spirit knows me far better than I know myself, knows my pregnant condition and keeps me present before YOU Lord God.

As written in Philemon 1 verse 4 to 7 "I always thank God when I am praying for you, dear Philemon, because I keep hearing of your love and trust in the Lord Jesus and in His people. And I pray that as you share your faith with others it will grip their lives too, as they see the wealth of good things in you that come from Christ Jesus. I myself have gained much joy and comfort from your love, my brother because your kindness has so often refreshed the hearts of God's people.

Please Lord send the Holy Spirit into each of our lives, give us the necessary wisdom and insight we need for today. Thank You, Lord for watching over us. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...