Tuesday 29 June 2021

Pray for your Pastors

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

June 29

Pray for your Pastor.


Ephesians 6: 19 (AMP)

19 "And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel)."


  The Apostle Paul asks the believers in Ephesus to "Pray for me, that freedom of utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim the mystery of the good news ~ the Gospel boldly." Do you ever think of praying for your Pastor?


I never thought about it until our Pastor asked the congregation to please pray for him. As time went by a couple of older people were praying for our Pastor. He mentioned that he felt his preaching seemed a little easier. The Pastor asked the congregation to attend church in the week; to pray for the church and the Pastor. We must bring our Pastors before God, and they need our prayers. The Holy Spirit can work in our lives while we pray for them. Our Pastors are looking after our spiritual growth, and we should view them as our religious parents.


Prayer


Father God, we pray that our Pastors will have the freedom of utterance to open their mouths in proclaiming the mysteries of the good news to us and the world boldly. In Jesus Name, we pray, Amen!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...