Friday 10 February 2017

#Jesus #Christ



Acts 2:38-40 (ICB)
38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.”
40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”

I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.

In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something my husband constantly is talking about is “if the results you get from doing something in a specific way isn’t producing any fruit then go and change your approach and do it differently.” 

Something else that I must tell you I picked up is by whose name?  Are you seeing it: “In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ?”  I believe we have lost the knowledge and wisdom and insight concerning how powerful the Lord Jesus Christ’s name truly is.

Without faith, we are lost but more so without the Lord Jesus Christ, we will never get to heaven. 


Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus I call out Your name.  Bless each person today reading my devotional in Jesus Christs Holy Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...