Monday 13 February 2017

What motivates you? #Courage #Strength #Fear #Prayer #God’s #Word


Psalm 27: 1 KJV
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

I have been focusing on learning more about the LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth and what backs the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth Name.   I must tell you I will stand on His name and fear no more.  I am entitled to so much more but because I have allowed fear and doubt into my life I find myself in an awkward position. 

The thing is we need to learn to confess what God’s word #Bible teaches us, but because we allow other people to impart into our lives we don’t find out for ourselves.  We accept people's point of view and what they believe and almost always suck it up as “truths.” Are you facing a difficult time, are you feeling fearful, because you have the lack of finances, you fear unemployment, perhaps you fear being rejected.  Come and see how King David dealt with fear.

Kind David taught me a great lesson and I am going to keep this in mind going forward.  Fear was knocking at the door of his mind and he said: “whom shall I fear?”  In the very same sentence he asks “of whom shall I be afraid?”  Turning his mind back to God he said “my heart shall not fear” and then confession “in this will I be confident.”  Kind David must have sat down and meditated a while and decided to deal with fear head on. 

King David prayed and said “One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.”

Still mediating and speaking to the LORD; King David prayed “teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.  Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breath out cruelty.”


King David ends his prayer “Wait on the LORD; be of good courage and he sahll strenghten thine heart:  wait, I say, on the LORD.” We can come in good courage and strenght knowing God will help our efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...