Monday 5 November 2012

Violated trust!




‘All of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”’  1 Peter: 5: 5


The first step to healing your mistrust in other people is to humble yourself before God and serve man.  If you think this is easy let me tell you truthfully; it isn’t.  This is a process which takes time, because of your violated trust it is almost impossible to trust people.  The most important thing you should realise is that your trust is normally violated by someone very close to you.  

Humbly yourself before God isn’t that easy.  It isn’t a matter of say ‘I humble myself’ and you are humble.  No sir, it doesn’t work that way.  Things in your life will challenge you and the proud spirit you have will automatically jump to your defence.  ‘How dear you speak to me like that.’  This was my first reaction and it took me some time to realise, hey that isn’t someone being humble.  In difficult situations I find it hard not to speak my mind and stand my man.  The only way to overcome this is to pray in the spirit and ask the Lord God to place a watch over your mouth and guard your thoughts.  Believe me this is a process and I am still learning each day.  So being submissive toward my new husband is slowly but surely falling into place.  Being kind towards other people is just as difficult because my pride is my main stumbling block.

‘He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.’ Matthew 10: 39 


The second and most important part is to really and truly seek the Lord God.  You need to stop and watch your words and thoughts.  You need to make an effort in spending time in God’s word and become quiet in His presence.  At first you won’t feel that you are making any progress.  Then suddenly God will speak into your life.  Something will just fall into place and you will know without a doubt God just spoke to you.  

‘And this commandment we have from Him:  that he who loves God must love his brother also.’ 1 John 4: 21


Thirdly, to take this violated hurt away you need to love your neighbour.  Believe me this too isn’t something that just happens overnight.  The minute you start working on your relationship with God many things start to fall apart around you.  You will find people are aggressive and ready to take you on for any situation.  But take heart and push through this, because the end result is amazing.  

God will lift you up and you will become someone God ordained you to be.  Your life will have meaning and you will feel fulfilled.  

Prayer


Lord God, in my heart I want to dedicate people into Your hands that have been through all kinds of abusive situations.  They may have been abused and it may have left them feeling empty and violated.  Lord I don’t know what their situations may be but in humbleness I dedicate each person into Your hands today asking for forgiveness of sin.  Praying Lord that You will touch their lives and bring healing into their lives.  Helping them deal with each situation as it comes along, and moving closer to You in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Lord I pray for their protection and healing and ask You to help them.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...