Sunday 9 December 2012

Show me Your purpose for my life Lord God.



Good morning Darlings.  Hmm I love the sound of the birds singing in the trees, the sound of their happy songs fill my heart with peace and joy.  God made these little birds to sing early in the morning proclaiming a new day, bright and pleasing to man and God.  How awesome it is to wake up again and enjoy the peace and quiet early in the morning.  The children are still sleeping, the kittens popped by to say hello, the sky is blue with beautiful white clouds hanging around, the sun peaked out but is undercover by the white clouds.  I was reading 1 Kings 3: 4 – 28.  King Solomon was sleeping and God came to him during the night while he lay sleeping.  Speaking to King Solomon in his dream God asked King Solomon ‘Ask for whatever you want me to give you.’  Then Solomon spoke to God and he answered God ‘You have shown great kindness to your servant, my father David, because he was faithful to you and righteous and upright in heart.  You have continued this great kindness to him and have given him a son to sit on his throne this very day.  Now, O LORD my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David.  But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties.  Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong.  For who is able to govern this great people of yours?’

It is my desire to truly know what God has placed within me, and how much am I able to bear.  I am constantly wanting to know what my purpose in this life is.  Who should I be and Lord God I want to ask You plainly what is Your plan for my life at this stage in my life.  

I pray Father God to please reveal to me the plans You have for my life, what is my purpose in this life and do I have enough strength to bear the burdens You have place on me.  Lord I pray;  please answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails me.  Don’t hide Your Face from me or I will surely die.  Lord God show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.  Teach me Lord to do Your Will, for You are my God, may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.  For Your name’s sake, O Lord, preserve my life, in Your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.  I ask this in Your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.  In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...