Thursday 14 February 2013

Rend your heart



Good morning darlings, well today is Wednesday, 13 February 2013 in Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa.  A misty morning and a slight chill in the air but today will be a scorcher.  I have been living in Witbank now for more than 2 years and this morning there wasn’t any water again.  It truly drives me crazy, I am a creature of habit and one thing that I need to do every morning is take a long hot shower, it revitalises me and energise me.

Monday, past I decided to  Fast and pray today and my daily word was ‘Rend your heart – Joel 2: 12 – 14 “Even now,” declares the LORD, return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”  Rend your heart and not your garments, Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.’

Take this journey with me today and let us draw near to the LORD our God, let us come in to His presence with humbleness and in prayer.  We come into Gods presence tearing our hearts before Him, declaring our love for Him.   Praying that the Holy Spirit will touch the lives of our Countrymen and praying for the criminals that are raping and murdering the people around us, praying for their repentance and drawing them closer to the Lord our God.


“Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.  After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 

The tempter came to him and said, ‘If you are the son of God, tell these stones to become bread. 
Jesus answered, ‘It is written:  ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.  If you are the Son of God,’ he said, ‘throw yourself down.  For it is written:  “He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” 
Jesus answered him, ‘It is also written:  ‘do not put the Lord your God to the test.
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour.  ‘All this I will give you,’ he said, ‘if you will bow down and worship me.’ 
Jesus said to him, ‘Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only. 
Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.”  Matthew 4: 1 – 11
Prayer: 
Humbly Father God I come to You this morning, Lord I dedicate my life into Your hands and I want to tear my heart before You.  I am asking Lord for wisdom, knowledge and insight, I am in need of a word at the right time and an action at the right time.  Humbly I am asking that You will touch our lives and will bring healing where we need it, setting us free from our pasts and helping us stretch out to the future.  Breaking all strongholds in our lives and filling us with You word, teaching us and guiding us.  As I draw near to You today in humble pray with fasting, weeping and mourning for my own life to become more and more as that of my Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for my fellow readers and ask help them face today.  I pray for Your supernatural favour in my own life Lord God with You as well as with man.  I pray and ask You outright Lord I want Your supernatural favour in my life today with You as well as with man.  For myself, my husband, my children and step children and grandchildren and family and friends, blogger friends – LORD I am asking for this favour today in the Holy Name of Your Son Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...