Monday 3 March 2014

Jordan






2 Kings 2 (Amplified Bible)

11 As they still went on and talked, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire parted the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12 And Elisha saw it and he cried, My father, my father! The chariot of Israel and its horsemen! And he saw him no more. And he took hold of his own clothes and tore them in two pieces.
13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him and went back and stood by the bank of the Jordan.

There comes a time when we all have to face our ‘Jordan’ when something happens and we need to take over from our peers. 

As Elijah was preparing Elisha for the job at hand they were strolling down and all of a sudden out from the heavens came a chariot of fire and horses of fire which parted both Elijah and Elisha.  Thinking about that I was struck by the description of how the Lord sent a chariot from heaven to pick Elijah up and bring him into heaven.  Totally amazing was this and must have struck Elisha as wonderful.  

Elisha wanted to be as good as Elijah.  Now he didn’t have his mentor anymore, he had to get up and move on.  He could stand around and mope all day but he took the mantle for Elijah that fell to the ground and threw it over his shoulders.  Reading him to take up his position.  He started doing exactly what Elijah taught him.  

Take up your position as you go through your Jordan, live starts now.  It won’t be easy but you can do this.  You have been preparing for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...