Monday 8 September 2014

The appointed time


Daniel 11 : 33 - 35 (NIV)

33 “Those who are wise will instruct many, though for a time they will fall by the sword or be burned or captured or plundered. 34 When they fall, they will receive a little help, and many who are not sincere will join them. 35 Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.

Reading the Bible and currently my daily reading has brought me to the book of Daniel.  When reading it I must tell you that I feel awed by the amazing and spectacular visions Daniel was honored to receive from the Lord.  On reading the vision and just focusing on all Daniel has heard seen and experienced I must be honest in saying I am awed by the visions.  

Thinking of the times we are living in and looking at our world right now it almost seems like we are in the ‘appointed time’.  There are constant wars waged against Israel.  Russian’s are at war, Americans are at war.  Ebola is taking many lives in Africa.  Things are truly upside down.  Shouldn’t we get back to basic and call upon the Lord our God of Israel, in the Holy name of Jesus Christ? 

Or do we believe we have so much time left it won’t matter; it’s still in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...