Thursday 4 October 2018

Waiting for an answer to prayer.


Matthew 7: 7-11 The Message

“Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn’t a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing. You’re at least decent to your own children. So don’t you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?”

I have been praying about something that I feel is crucial to my own life and I have not received an answer.  I don’t have victory over this matter and I don’t know what my future holds.

I realise God is working on my situation and it is taking time, I know that God can change my life in an instance. In the meantime I am still doing the best I can where I am.

I think that I have been waiting passively and not really expecting an answer to my prayer. I know when I pray for specific things concerning specific people, I can see God working almost immediately. I need to think about my own prayers for me, am I to passive about the prayers concerning me? I believe I feel unworthy of God’s supernatural favor in my life and I am not being expecting something to come my way.

I wanted to relate to being expectant, how can I feel expectant? Then I thought about the time when I was pregnant with my children. I remember when I found out I was pregnant I started to calculate the date my child would arrive. I remember the excitement and the expectancy of learning the due date. I remember waiting in anticipation for the arrival of my child. These feelings need to materialize in my situation.

Prayer

Abba Father, humbly I come into Your presence with my request for a job for next year. Lord, I am being specific and I want to ask You to please help me. I know that if you have a job, God You have blessed that person. You know that I need a good job, Pieter needs a good job, Jacques needs a good job and without Your stretched out hand neither one of us will make it. I am asking You to please open the doors for each one of us. I am asking in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...