Friday 29 January 2021

"eat that frog."

by Yvette van Niekerk



Mark 1: 35 ESV

Jesus Preaches in Galilee

"And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."

I hate making my bed, but I have learned when I get out of bed and not yet left my bedroom, I can tackle making my bed. It makes me feel accomplished. I know that sound silly, but I do. My bedroom looks tidy and neat, and I feel I can start my day.

Have you ever read Brian Tracy's book "Eat that frog!"? I have, and it changed my perspective on life.  I read Mark Twain, said: "if you ever have to eat a live frog, it's best done first thing in the morning." Yuck, it must be dreadful, but it is good advice. Because you can go through the rest of your day knowing the most solid task is behind you.

So, if I want God to do the super, I'll need to do the natural. That says I'll need to get started, praying first thing each morning. 

So, how we start our day sets the tone for the rest of it, yet many of us never give the morning a second through beyond getting out the door on time.

We see the Lord Jesus making the most of the early part of each day. Mark 1 give one example: "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." On another occasion before appointing his disciples in the morning, he prayed all night. Now, what's that one thing you least like to do, but you feel best about afterwards? That's your frog. It's often the hardest, task to establish, but it pays the biggest dividends.

Prayer

Lord God, we pray for Your supernatural favour in our lives today, please help us take charge of our lives. By first speaking to You each morning, then tackling our day. Bless each of us with Your hand of supernatural favour. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...