Thursday 3 March 2022

Daily Bread

Daily Bread Matthew 4: 4 “man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” By Yvette van Niekerk Do you every worry about eating your daily bread? I am sure when you get up in the morning go to the kitchen make yourself some coffee and have a slice of toast. It’s very simple we all do that. This morning I made eggs and toast for my husband and we actually did enjoy our daily bread. What about your time with God? Do you spend time in God’s presence? I got caught up with a cake I am making for someone to collect tomorrow. My thinking was I’ll sit down straight after I decorated the cake and then spend some time in God’s presence. Honestly, I actually did sit down and listened to some gospel music and then I listened to my daily devotionals. But I have not been able to really get into the Word of God. I seem to be side tracked all the time. After I sat down I felt an enormous weight on my shoulders, I felt dead tired. My focus is off and I seem to be so tired. I have come to realise that I am starving for God’s Word, spiritually. I need to do something to regains my relationship with the Lord my God. Hebrew 2 verses 1 “Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we heard, lest we drift away.” O my Lord, it’s clear as day, I have been drifting away from the Lord. I certainly feel I am learning new things every day. I realise that the War in Russia and the Ukraine, is very real, people don’t have bread everyday. I am considering myself blessed as I have peace in my home and I can spend time in God’s presence. It is my hearts desire to hear God’s voice through His word. I used to hear Him in the beginning when I just became a new born Christian. But lately I feel I have lost that personal touch with God. I seem to be so caught up in all my own thinking and work etc. Prayer Father God, I adore You, Lord. Worship at Your feet, I bring You glory and honor, and I want to sing praises to Your Name. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Great and might are You Lord, God my saviour. Today I confess my lack of focus and my sinful nature. Lord I confess my impatience with people around me, I confess Lord that I am not always tolerant and considerate towards others. I am so deeply sorry Lord. Father, I want to say thank You, for today, for Your lovingkindness and mercy which is new every day. Thank You that I can come to You in prayer. I want to praise You Lord. Today I also want to pray help me I really need to have Your Word come alive to me again. Make it happen, Father God. I am asking You please clear my mind and soul. Please teach me new things and help me go deeper into Your Word than I have ever done before. Lord, I draw a hedge of Jesus Christs blood around myself and my family and friends. I pray for Your supernatural favour in my life and the lives of my family and friends, let no harm come to us. Thank You Lord Jesus Amen https://vniekerkyvette.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...