Tuesday 29 March 2022

Spoken faith.

by Yvette van Niekerk Psalm 46: 5 CSB “God is within her; she will not be toppled. God will help her when the morning dawns.” What a wonderful statement wow. My thinking is then why do I forget that God is within me? Why do I try and fix things, control people and circumstances? Am I struggling with pride? I am being self-centred instead of God-centred? The truth of the matter is God is my power source and I am supposed to be drawing my strength from Him, but sometimes I want to be indented and go it on my own. This is when I start falling and toppling over. I am currently going through a difficult time, it’s called burn-out. I don’t feel like doing anything, I am restless, I have no drive and I am so very tired. God has been so good to me that I now can relax and rest and not stay focused on so many projects. My husband doesn’t push for things to happen; and thinks I should relax. Read a book or watch a movie on Netflix or even sleep in the afternoon. I want to draw near to God and I want to recharge my battery I need to be in a place where I can rely on God again. I am staying connected so that I don’t have to throw in the towel. Today I am resting in God, my Father's power. I am waiting on the Holy Spirit to carry me through. Philippians 4 verse 13 CSB “I am able to do all things through him who strengthens me.” It’s clear I don’t have to worry about everything. I cant make things happen. I need to keep myself plugged in. 2 Timothy 1 verse 7 CBS “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.” Joseph Campbell wrote, “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so on have the life that is waiting for us.” 2 Corinthians 5: 17 CSB “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away and see, the new has come.” I feel like there are so many wrongs I have committed in my life, but I feel certain that God already knows my past, present and even my future. I know that God exists outside of time, He is omnipresent and because of this, He has access to all time. Isaiah 43: 18 – 19 CSB “Do not remember the past events; pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” I believe God knows all the hardship, obstacles and my terrible decisions and sin I committed and that was when I was created by God for an assigned purpose in my life. I am grateful that God decided to send Jesus Christ to die on a cross for me because of all the wrongs in my life making a wedge between God and me, but because of Jesus Christ, I have a chance. Father God today I want to be obedient and simply accept the gift that You have given me. I am trading my tired and worn-out life for a new one today with Jesus Christ. Today I surrender all my faulty plans for Your perfect plan. Lord, Father God, please help me to abide in you so that you can abide in me. Father God, today I am embracing the new life available to me. I don’t know how things will work but I beg You hear my call. I accept the Lord Jesus Christ to renew my life today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...