Thursday 29 March 2018

Deception – is it luring you?


Acts 5: 8 ESV
“And Peter said to her, “Tell me whether you sold the land for so much.” And she said, “Yes, for so much.”

Ananias and Sapphira were both lured by fame and recognition.   Believing Peter can be deceived by their story. Ananias didn't see what was coming his way nor did Sapphira.

Peter asked Ananias why he felt completed to lie to the Holy Spirit. I am sure Ananias had a good reason for his lie. I believe the Holy Spirit knows what we think and keep in our hearts.

Both Ananias and Sapphira dropped dead after telling a lie to Peter. God isn't up for our silly games.
They both died on the spot. The people in the congregation heard what happened and they were fearful.

I think we all are lured by fame and recognition. I want people to know how good I am. The deeds I have done need to be reported and broadcast over the world.

Prayer

Lord, please help us to wait patiently for You. You are a rewarder of good deeds. Help us to focus on You and not our carnal flesh. We bind the lure of recognition and fame in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today's devotion? Share it with someone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...