Monday 12 March 2018

Lying lips



Proverbs 12: 22 (NIV)
“The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.”

I stand listening to this person telling me lies. My reaction is instant; I can feel my blood boiling, heat rushing up into my face. My ears are ringing and my first instinct is to grab this person and throttle them. The urge to sort them out immediately is pushing me I need to take control of my emotions but my face has given me away.

To top it off this person stands looking at me as though I am totally mad. They feel they can get away with this and I can’t imagine how. If I feel like this when someone tells me a lie, I wonder how God feel about us telling lies.

I can relate to God’s detesting lying lips, it hurts me to think they pull the wool over my eyes when I know for a fact they are lying. Do they underestimate my intelligence? I wonder, do we underestimate God’s intelligence? Be careful don’t tell lies its terrible, I believe own up to your mistakes, take the punch.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, people around us underestimates our intelligence and feels they can pull the wool over our eyes. Why they do that I don’t know but I am sure that it must grate your teeth too. Forgive me if I have lied to anybody knowingly or unknowingly. I humble myself before You asking for forgiveness of this kind of sin. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen.

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...