Skip to main content

Challenges we as woman face


2 Corinthians 4: 13 
‘It is written:  ‘I believed, therefore I have spoken.'
Since we have that same spirit of faith, 
we also believe and therefore speak.’

Before you read something about my past remember I am a woman who faced daunting times and blow after blow I never gave up.  I got up each morning and prayed Help me face today Lord Jesus. 

I believed God would help me through the most difficult time in my life, I will prosper and succeed in everything I do, I declare this in Jesus Christ’s name.


Life has dealt me some interesting times when I think of all the hardships I had endure and how close I got to God in times when I felt so abandoned and alone.  It seems so strange to even think of it.  My life was difficult for most of my adult years, drug abuse was something we witnessed in our house.  

A really very stressful time in my life, I found in those days, weight loss was normal and hair loss just as normal, being nervous and constantly on my guard waiting for the bad news to come and knock me down.  One morning I decide this enough, I need to make some drastic changes, I went to the office and phone some lawyers and made appointments.  I needed to regain my dignity and find myself again.  

As a Christian woman it was one of the most difficult things for me to do and that was to go ahead with a divorce.  This would mean changing so many things, moving losing everything we work for and not having the same stand of living.  Nevertheless now was the time to strike, I made up my mind and get this behind me.  I prayed about this and then I went to see my Pastor, things were difficult and I told him I can’t carry on living like this anymore.

Regardless to say as an abused woman, mentally, physically and emotionally not forgetting financially I have come up stronger.  I am not perfect and I can smile at the world and know my roots.  I am rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ who gives me my daily bread, who strengthens me.  I have come to a place in my life where I will be more in Jesus Christ and the woman I was less.  I strive to do things perfectly, I strive to work harder, I want to give people more than they expect and I want to be a blessing for other people.

When you face difficult times we seem to run on automatic, if you are grounded and rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ things are difficult but the burden is not heavy.  My hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ and as I face today I thank Him for this new life I am living.  Blessed with peace and happiness and the Lord Almighty has blessed all my children with abundance and wealth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...