Tuesday 26 August 2014

Why do I want to draw near to God?




Firstly I recommend that you read John 3: 16 ‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.’

Being a Christian isn’t as simple and straight forward as many of us think.  The reality of Christianity isn’t just reading you Bible, praying and meditation.  Developing a rapport with the Lord God isn’t something that happens overnight.  No, it is in absolute and definite time spent in the Word of God.  Meditation on scripture and praying, waiting for answered prayer.

My need to draw near to God is simple, I don’t always understand life and when I feel uncertain God is the only certainty in my life.  I just know that God will help me out of a situation. 

I remind myself of a time when I didn’t have 2c to rub together, literally.  The next day I had to get to work and back home.  My petrol at the time was standing on empty – in the red.  I got up out of bed read my Bible and stepped into my car.  I prayed aloud and said ‘please Lord Jesus, I need to get to work and back home tonight.  I can’t bear asking for a loan from any of my friends again, now I am really in need help me today.  Amen’.  I drove off to work and came home believing the Lord will answer my prayers.  When I reversed into my drive way my little Citi Golf went ‘poof’ and stopped driving.  It was dry not a drop of petrol in the tank.  I thanked the Lord and got out of my car and walked into my house.

My prayers were answered, that is one of the reasons I draw near to God, He has never failed me and I know He never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...